Subscribe to the American Dental Blog (rss)

Monthly Archives: December 2008

Tech Tips #5: A Brief Introduction to Dental Fittings

What type of fitting is it? Barbs Barbed fittings are used on the plastic tubing inside a dental unit. Most of the hoses are held on with barbs and sleeve clamps. A barb is simply a serrated hollow projection over which the tubing is placed. The barbs grip the tubing and a sleeve [...]
Posted in Dental Practice Advice, General, Tech Tips | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment